The face of the moon was in shadow
Questions About Admissions
- Does demonstrated interest play a role in the admission process?
- Are there any exceptions to your test-optional policy?
- Does legacy play a part in admissions and, if so, who is considered legacy?
- Do admissions interviews, if offered, play a role in the process?
- Are interviews conducted by alumni, students or admissions officers?
- Are there any majors for which enrollment is capped?
Questions About Academics
- Are classes taught by professors or teaching assistants?
- What is the average class size?
- How/when do incoming freshmen get course selection advising for their first-semester classes?
- Who gets priority in the course registration process – is it by grade level, honors programs, etc.?
- How many classes do students take a semester?
- Are classes more theoretical or hands-on in nature?
- How easy is it to switch majors or schools within the university?
- What is the breakdown of requirements for most majors?
- What percentage of students choose to study abroad?
Questions About Academic Support
- What tutoring services are available?
- Are tutoring services free?
- How often do students meet with academic advisers?
- How accessible are professors outside of the classroom?
- What types of resources are available for students with disabilities?
Questions About Financial Aid
- What percentage of students receive financial aid?
- Are merit scholarship estimates built into the school's net price calculator?
- How much financial need does the college typically meet?
- How much extra money should I budget for costs beyond room, board and tuition?
- Do financial aid packages remain the same over time or are they adjusted to reflect tuition increases?
- How do outside scholarships affect a financial aid package?
- Do accepted students receive their financial aid award letter at the same time as their offer of admission or later?
Questions to Ask Tour Guides About Student Life
- When you first came to the school, how did you get involved?
- How did you meet your friends, and what do students do for fun?
- Do many students attend varsity athletic games?
- How does the school build community and foster cultural understanding?
- What are the hot-button issues on campus?
- What are some of the school's main events or traditions?
Questions About Campus Housing and Community
- Are students required to live on campus?
- What percentage of students live on campus?
- How do students choose a residence hall and a roommate?
- What do students say about living and dining on campus?
- Do most students choose to live off campus after freshman year?
- What do the campus and community feel like from a safety perspective?
- How would you describe the surrounding community and the relationship the college has with it?
Questions About Work and Research Opportunities
- What types of research opportunities do students have access to outside of the classroom?
- What type of career guidance is offered by this school?
- Are internship or co-op opportunities available through the college?
- What percentage of undergraduates have had an internship or research experience by the time they graduate?
- Is it common for freshmen and sophomores to get research or internship opportunities?
Questions About Student Outcomes
You can edit text on your website by double clicking on a text box on your website. Alternatively, when you select a text box a settings menu will appear. your website by double clicking on a text box on your website. Alternatively, when you select a text box.